Music Declares Emergency US is a 501(c)3. Non-Profit Tax ID #87-2837798 and your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Who is MDE US?
Music Declares Emergency (MDE) is a collective of music industry professionals, artists and organizations that provide programs that change the practices of the music industry to reduce the carbon footprint. We also collaborate with grassroots climate partners to mitigate people’s individual actions that contribute to climate change through messaging, actions and our declaration.
MDE helps guide the music industry’s response to the global climate and ecological emergency crisis. Together, we have collected over 6,000 signatures from across the music industry to date, in support of a declaration that calls for an immediate governmental response to protect our planet and all life on earth.
What Artists have signed the Declaration?
Declarers worldwide include Annie Lennox, Arcade Fire, Billie Eilish, Bon Iver, Chicano Batman, Major Lazer, Bootsy Collins, The 1975, Fantastic Negrito, Juanes, Massive Attack, Machel Montano, Pretenders, Tegan and Sara, Tom Morello, KT Tunstall, Brian Eno, Tycho, and Tom Odell.
How will my contribution to MDE have an impact?
- $25– will help fund travel at venues & festivals where MDE working group team members speak of global warming and ways an individual cam make an impact by reducing their carbon footprint, with a goal of Net-Zero.
- $50– provides our “Music Industry Climate Pack”, for artists, bands and music producers with messaging and action items about the global climate and ecological emergency .
- $100– supports programming on how music industrymanagement can “green” their merchandise and connect them with sustainable resources.
- $250– supports our Work with venues and festivals to promote programs focused on providing public transportation to events, or ride-share partnerships.
- $500– supports our organizational growth so that we can reach our goal of 10,000 artists signing our declaration and sharing our messaging.
- $1000– helps support music industry changes to helping the planet. Did you know that something as simple as changing plastic to card packaging for CDs, and use recycled or FSC-certified paper greatly reduces the carbon footprint? This is one of many ways we work with companies to change the production of music products.
The climate crisis is about science, not politics.
There is #NOMUSICONADEADPLANET.
We gratefully receive any support to help us spread our message!